- This event has passed.
Be the Light-March Against Domestic Violence
October 10 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Register for Event
Join Peace House in a march against domestic violence. We will gather at the Town Lift Plaza and walk up one side of Main Street and down the other. Along the way will be stops to engage in education and awareness activities.
Stops will be:
- Town Lift Plaza will host check-in and registration. Join us at 5:30 for a motivational word from Kendra Wyckoff, our Executive Director, as well as others.
- Miners Park, where we will have adult and children’s coloring pages with school education materials from our prevention and education team.
- O.C. Tanner Jewelers: Peace House counseling station and family education will have a wheel game about safe and connected families.
- Chocolate Factory/Bud Wright Statue will have the hospital response team with purple ribbon making. Purple ribbons are to be worn in recognition of domestic violence awareness month.
- Bear Bench Plaza will host the residential services team with an activity where you can sign that “I stand with victims of domestic violence” and receive a purple painted pinky.
Sign up to volunteer or register for the event. We intend to line Main Street with luminaries and put purple candles in the shops along the way. This is a statement in recognition of domestic violence as well as support of survivors.
For more information or to register email Events@peacehouse.org.
October 28 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm